"Inspiring places where people come together, connect with and support their community".
As part of the West Wales Transformation Programme, in line with delivery of A Healthier Wales, and ‘Connecting people …. Kind communities’ – the versatile social spaces programme aims to support community venues to increase their digital confidence and offer a blended approach to community activities.
“A digital and in-person, blended, approach to coming together”.
- co-producing a bespoke solution that suits the needs of the community
- supporting venues to offer their typical activities, pre-covid style, alongside encouraging community members to join online from their personal spaces
- developing digital confidence and upskilling volunteers
- accessing a range of digital support and resources
- exploring local partnerships and network opportunities
Three Carmarthenshire pilots were identified in May 2021 and their case studies will be shared in March 2022.
The aim is to offer some potential models that other venues could replicate.
CAVS intend to contact all community social spaces over the next 12 months to share the learning of these pilots, support the updating of their venue information and identify any support needs.
Community led broadband
If your property is near to other homes and businesses that need faster broadband speeds, you could come together and find a community solution.