Thank you to those who were able to join the conversation last night. (07.10.21) The initial response was very positive and supports our intention to work in a community asset-based manner. Empowering the community of Llandeilo to focus on ‘what would improve their life’ with a positivity that encourages a solution focused drive abound with creativity.
Time frames and processes often help guide and support with planning and so I have prepared this information as a starting point; changes may be required to reflect community need.
Funds available: £10k – potential funds available £20k+
Need to highlight that this project is not just about creating new or requesting huge amounts of £ /it could be working with existing projects to be used in different ways with nominal funding required
‘Community is at the heart of every action taken’.
1. Public meeting 07/10/21
Key considerations to address inc. match funding, voting processes, ways to communicate with the community and engage with maximum numbers.
To Do – Develop a community committee to drive the project
- Coordinate community consultation
- Develop communication plan – Identify best mediums for communicating with various groups
- Collate results and reveal key priorities
- Build interest within the community
- Define areas of involvement (list or nice map with boundaries)
- Develop funding plan to match fund £10k, though there is no limit
- Decide cap on project proposals £
- Start planning for final event February 3rd? Name of event?
2. Public meeting 11/11/21
Present priorities to community. Discussion around ways in which some of those needs might be met. Invitation to submit a project proposal to meet a priority. Proposals to include a digital teaser which will be used to generate interest prior to the community event.
Engage community in what support workshops would be beneficial
To Do – Participants to write proposal and create digital teaser
- Workshops to support community proposals. eg. How to create a digital teaser, marketing skills, presentation skills, putting together a budget, bilingual support etc.
3. Proposal submission deadline 20/12/21
Public to submit proposal form and digital teaser to: xxx
To Do – Participants to prepare their presentations for the community event.
- Coaching support available / practice
- Event build up / promotion / community registrations
- Decide upon voting process (1 vote per person / 2 votes)
- Share digital teasers across social media
- Prepare for a blended event
4. Community event date TBC
- Presentations to be shared.
- Community to vote
- Top #xxx funded
5. Public meeting (?)
- To reflect on the process
- Share news from projects funded etc.