Helpline 0800 917 6255
Connecting Carmarthenshire is a new preventative support service based in Carmarthenshire offering free advice & support to people living throughout the county.
We have mobile support hubs throughout the county offering face to face and online support, working within communities to build a clear understanding of all the services & community groups available to you.
The service is available to people aged 18+* who live in the county & require information or support. Eligibility *Housing related support is available for individuals aged 16+
CAVS: Community Volunteering Development Officer (CVDO)
To enable Carmarthenshire residents to learn new skills and have new experiences whilst sharing their time, talents and kindness with others through an active, vibrant and supportive volunteer scheme that promotes community resilience, independence and wellbeing.
- Supporting locality Hub Delivery Group, as above
- Promote volunteering initiatives
- Deliver engaging campaigns to raise community awareness
- Creation of Carmarthenshire Volunteer’s Network
- Development of volunteering opportunities
- Working with Connect Carmarthenshire
- Explore gaps and barriers to volunteering
- Promote Preventative Services Work and that of CAVS
Carmarthenshire Volunteers' Network
A new monthly network offering support to volunteers
Join us on-line for a 90 minute informal chat, peer support, reassurance and wellbeing check
Talk openly – Confidential – About you
Contact: Jamie.Horton@cavs.org.uk Community Volunteering Development Officer