Presentations / information from the regional conference
25th-29th April 2022
CAVS, PAVS and CAVO presented a week of lunchtime online seminars on current Governance topics. “Keep your organisation up to date and take the opportunity to ask the experts about pressing issues.”
Mon 25th April: Safeguarding and DBS
Carol Ann Eland, Disclosure & Barring Service and Suzanne Mollison, WCVA
A chance to meet the experts on issues relating to Safeguarding and DBS. The focus will be on volunteers.
Presenter: Suzanne Mollison WCVA
- Disclosure and Barring Service
Presenter: Carol Eland Regional Outreach Advisor – Wales
Wed 27th April: Hybrid Working
Catherine Almeida, JCP Solicitors
As Hybrid Working becomes more widespread, there are many issues organisations must think about to ensure they are protected.
- What are the legal issues to address if you want to embed Hybrid Working into your organisation?
- Do you have a clear and accessible Hybrid Working policy in place, and specifically tailored employment contracts?
- How do you approach Hybrid Working collaboratively?
- What needs to be in Hybrid Working contracts to protect the organisation?
- How do you protect organisational Data?
- What about Health & Safety
- A guide to Hybrid Working and how to manage it
Presenter: Catherine Almeida, JCP Solicitors
Thu 28th April: Enhancing Board Diversity, recruiting and retaining trustees
Perminder Dhillon, CAVS
The case for diverse boards has been well made. Different skills, experiences, perspectives and views support healthy governance discussions and contribute to inclusive decision making.
This session will focus on top tips for recruiting trustees from diverse backgrounds. We will also consider factors that help as well as factors that hinder successful implementation of board diversity.
At the end of the session, participants will be given a short questionnaire to complete in their own time to assess the current diversity of their boards and how they can plan to better reflect their communities, service users and stakeholders in the governance of their organisation.
Fri 29th April: Regional Overview
Chief Officers ‘What’s happening in the region’ Hazel Lloyd Lubran (CAVO), Marie Mitchell (CAVS) and Sue Leonard (PAVS) A brief overview of regional developments from the Chief Officers of the 3 County Voluntary Councils.