How do I find out more about Formal volunteering?
If you think you might be interested in taking on a volunteering role, or if you would like to see what is available you can:
- Have a look at the Volunteering Wales website. If you have access to a computer, this is a good way to start. You can do a Post Code search and see what is going on nearby.
- Here’s the link if you are looking for something in Carmarthenshire
- If you live in another part of Wales, this is the link
- You can register on the Volunteering Wales website yourself, browse for Volunteering Opportunities, and apply for any that catch your eye.
- For help registering see How to register on Volunteering Wales (for volunteers).
- If you can’t find what you are looking for, or if you think it would be useful to talk to someone before you get started, you can arrange to talk to one of our volunteering officers.
As soon as Covid restrictions are lifted, you will be able to ring and make an appointment to meet one of us in CAVS office in Carmarthen for a chat.
In the meantime you can ring us phone call or send an email and arrange to find out more that way. If it would be helpful we may be able to arrange an on-line meet up with you.
The Volunteer Centre would usually be situated at our offices on Queen Street in Carmarthen, but we also travel around and visit places such as JobCentres, Community Halls, Schools and Colleges, Surgeries and so on. You can meet one of our team on almost any day, but it’s always best to arrange a meeting in advance. Of course during the Covid pandemic, restrictions on movement have meant that all our meetings happen virtually.
When you meet one of the Volunteering Officers, you might discuss things like your current situation, your past experiences and skills, your future plans and of course what kind of volunteering you think you would like to do. We may have some ideas to get the ball rolling right away, or we may use the Volunteering Wales website (see above) to search for Volunteering Opportunities that are suitable for you.